Interesting Facts About the Tongue
What is White Tongue?
A white tongue occurs when the tongue is covered in a thick white coating or has white coating patches. A person may experience bad breath, a hairy tongue, and irritation. Usually, white tongue is harmless and temporary, but in rare cases it indicates a serious conditions.
What Are the Causes of White Tongue?
A white tongue is usually caused when bacteria, debris (like food and sugar), and dead cells get trapped between the papillae on the surface of your tongue. These string-like papillae then grow, swell and sometimes become inflamed.
What Are the White Tongue Risk Factors?
How Can I Prevent White Tongue?
White Tongue can be unavoidable.
When Should I Call A Professional?
White Tongue is usually harmless and temporary. Depending on symptoms, people suffering with White Tongue often wait to see if it goes away on its own.
If your tongue hurts or itches, it should be looked at. Hurting or itching can indicate a developing health risk like an infection or oral cancer. In severe cases, untreated White Tongue can spread to other areas of the mouth and body.
Who Should I See If I (Or My Child) Have White Tongue?
You can get help from one or more healthcare professionals, including:
CARE AND TREATMENT
WAYS TO DETOX YOUR MOUTH
- This oral detoxification is commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine.
- Ayurveda advises oil pulling purifies the entire system, as it holds that each section of the tongue is connected to different organs of the body.
- Swish a tablespoon of coconut oil in your mouth for 10–20 minutes. Spit out the oil, rinse your mouth with warm water and brush your teeth as normal.
- Natural antibacterial properties in Sea Salt eliminate White Tongue causing bacteria and debris by gargling and swishing with water.
- The coarse texture of sea salt works as an exfoliant, removing the white coating from the tongue.
- Antibacterial, anti-fungal anti-inflammatory properties in Aloe Vera heal infections, wounds, burns, and skin irritations.
- Aloe Very contains enzymes that remove dead cells and promote the regeneration of skin tissue.
- To remove the tongue’s white coating, swish one tablespoon of aloe vera juice in your mouth two to three times a day until the coating has disappeared.
- Known for its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, Colloidal Silver is used for prompt action against irritating and highly infectious viruses and bacteria including pink eye, herpes, shingles, and HIV/AIDS.
- Swish a tablespoon of colloidal silver with equal parts water in your mouth for five minutes, twice daily.
- Garlic’s antifungal activity makes it an effective natural treatment for White Tongue.
- Allicin, one of the active compounds in garlic, demonstrates anti-candidal effects and may be as effective as fluconazole, a drug that’s used to treat fungal infections.
- Oregano Oil has antiviral, antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It serves as a natural antibiotic, white tongue caused by conventional antibiotic drugs can be avoided.
- To treat oral thrush or white tongue caused by fungal overgrowth, make pau d’arco tea.
- Combine two cups of bark and four cups of boiling water.
- Boil for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for at least an hour.
- Strain and enjoy small portions throughout the day.
- Brush teeth and gums at least twice each day, including after meals.
- Tongue scraping rids White Tongue and improves breath.