Bad Bite Therapy Doral, FL | Dr. Sonia Olivares
Bad bites can cause big dental problems in the mouth. Teeth have a certain way they should hit together and when they don’t come together they can result in a lot of problems in the body, not only in the mouth. Millions of people suffer from frequent headaches, migraines, and even vertigo, that a lot of people don’t know that is been caused by a bad bite.
How do you know you have a bad bite?
Look out for symptoms such as:
- Teeth wearing out
- Noticing chips on the biting edges of your teeth
- Gums receding and exposing sensitive root surfaces your teeth getting smaller, flatter or breaking teeth
- Very closed bite that you hardly see your lower teeth when closed
These are only some symptoms that you could look out for when you suspect that you have a bad bite.
How to treat a bad bite?
Give yourself a clench test. With your mouth empty, and with nothing in between your teeth, try to clench your teeth together. If you feel any pain or discomfort, that could be a sign that you have bad bite.
Also, you can visit Dr. Sonia Olivares, and can help you treat your bad bite. Dr. Olivares uses a tool to carefully treat patients suffering from a bad bite.
The J5 Myomonitor TENS unit helps improve treatment efficacy and is a valuable tool in office procedures for occlusal adjustment and in bite registration. It is also useful in the treatment of some types of TMD dysfunction and other dental problems.
The J5 Myomonitor TENS unit can:
- Relax muscles and establish a physiologic occlusion
- Take occlusal registrations
- Take denture impressions
- Treat TMD dysfunction and associated pain
- Relieve symptoms associated with muscle spasm
- Increase local blood circulation
- Increase mandibular range of motion
With Neuromuscular Dentistry, Dr. Sonia Olivares can properly diagnose, evaluate and treat patients who are suffering from having a bad bite. Don’t let bad bite ruin your day, visit Dr. Sonia Olivares now.
Schedule your consultation with Dr. Sonia Olivares to learn more about your dental care options.
Call 305-224-1274 to make an appointment.